Our Valued Clients and Friends-
With the pending winter weather and extreme drops in temperature we have provided a few check list items to insure your safety as well as helpful link here : https://www.thebalance.com/stop-freezing-pipes-2124982
- Keep walkways clear of snow and salted to prevent slips
- Maintain caution while driving on roads for ice and other hazards
- Keep a small trickle of water running from faucets that connect to pipes in unheated spaces
- Open cabinet doors during cold spells so that warm air can circulate around pipes
- Know where your main water shut off valve is located
- If you have a fireplace, keep the flue closed when you’re not using it
- Make sure furniture isn’t blocking your homes heating vents
- Monitor your thermostat. There are various insights on this topic. Many advise to keep the temp the same during day and overnight to avoid drops in temp while you are sleeping. No lower than 62-64 should be OK.
o In the event of a frozen or burst pipe:
§ If you turn on your faucets and nothing comes out, leave the faucets turned on and call a plumber. Do not use electrical appliances in areas of standing water: You could be electrocuted. If your water pipes have already burst, turn off the water at the main shutoff valve in the house; leave the water faucets turned on. Make sure everyone in your family knows where the water shutoff valve is and how to open and close it.
Report any damage to your insurance company as soon as possible or to LYNLY Insurance at 212-651-4150. Without compromising your safety make temporary repairs to prevent further damage. Make sure you have as many details as possible when you call the insurance company. Take photos of any damage.